Garmin Nuvi 200: View Favorite Location Coordinates
One of the problems I have come across with my Garmin Nuvi 200, is that you cannot see the co-ordinates of your saved favorite locations.
I have found a way around this, albeit a bit of a long winded way, you can still see the co-ordinates.
- Turn your GPS onto GPS simulator mode. The simulator mode allows you to view a route or location, even if you are not at that specific location, or if you cannot pick up GPS satellites. To turn your GPS into GPS simulator mode:
Settings -> System -> GPS Simulator -> ON
- Go back to the main Screen and click Where To -> Favorites
- Choose your location that you require the GPS co-ordinates for.
(I have chosen a restaurant called Ciao)
- Click on SHOW MAP
- Zoom in as far as you can using the PLUS button in the top right , and click on “Set Loc”. (Set Location) and then click GO
- When the screen comes up with “Do you want to simulate driving this route?”, click NO
- Once this screen disappears you will see your vehicle icon, placed on your favorite location. Click on the vehicle icon and it will show you the coordinates of your saved favorite location.
- You can now share your locations, with other people, by giving the exact coordinates.
This post has been cross posted on http://www.gpsblog.co.za