Get a US iTunes account
I know I have blogged this before, but I get requests daily from people asking on how to open a US iTunes account, as well as it IS a must have, so I decided it’s best to just post it again :)
I have had a couple of requests from people asking me where to buy iTunes Vouchers, and after a whole lot of research, I have found that the local guys iTunesUSA.co.za seem to be the best. If you don’t have a PayPal account, and want to use your credit card to purchase vouchers, I suggest using
- WildTwig – PayPal
- BuyFromPowerSeller – PayPal
- Maximus Cards – Credit Card
- EvoPoints – Credit Card, Instant EFT
I can undoubtedly say, that this is probably the most important thing that you can do when you have an iPhone or iPad. By having a US iTunes account, you are able to download all of the cool apps, compared to whats available on the crappy South African store. You can also buy songs from the iTunes store.
You can now also get a Full Downloadable guide or we can even set up the account for you -> https://www.marcforrest.com/creating-an-itunes-app-store-account-without-a-credit-card/
Hows how to do it:
- At the bottom of the screen in the iTunes store page, choose United States from the drop down. Make sure you are signed out of the SA iTunes Store if you have one
- On the right of the US iTunes store you should see the Top 10 Free Apps. Select anyone one of these apps, and click get app. Be sure you select a FREE app with no in app purchases. To make it easier, simply click on this link, which will download an app I help develop, SA Lotto App (BE SURE TO SELECT A FREE APP, otherwise this will NOT work !!!! )
- You will now be asked if you would like to sign in with an existing account or if you want to create a new account. Click “Create New Account”
- Go through all the steps required to create a new account.
When selecting your address you will need to put in a US physical address. There is validation done, so it needs to ensure you have a valid address. You can use Fakenamegenerator.com to generate an address & telephone number, or simply use the address of a fancy hotel in the US that you “own” :)Apple have recently implemented an address verification system on the address. My suggestion is to use a hotel address in Florida or a head office of some big shot corporate company in California. Google is your friend ;)
- Use a valid email address, as you need to verify the account before you can use it. You will need to use a different email address to what you have registered to the South African store, otherwise it will shout at you. A neat trick is if you use a Gmail address, for eg. firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also use email@example.com and you will still get the mail. Put a dot anywhere in your gmail address and you instantly have a new email address. Clever hey :)
- When you get to the”Provide a Payment Method” of the signup, you are asked for payment details. Make sure you choose NONE on the right. Make sure you also have United states selected at the bottom
- You now have a fully fledged US iTunes account, but only able to get free apps ? But wait, there is more. Buy a iTunes voucher, load it onto your account, and you can now buy all the cool apps as well. Go to EvoPoints , iTunesUSA or WildTwigwho accept PayPal, and then you can buy vouchers which are emailed to you from the above site. Works a charm. Once you have your code after buying it, simply click on the Redeem option in iTunes, or Redeem on the Featured tab on the iPhone app store.
I have been using this method for ages now and have never had any issues. Leave a comment if you get stuck :)