The guys from CoPilot have recently launched their latest iPhone app offering in the form of “CoPilot Live South Africa” (iTunes Link). The app, which costs $54.99 on the app store, is full of features, and has a distinct World Cup feel to it, including POI’s for the gates at each World Cup Venue. Very cool !
Here is a bit of info from the CoPilot team:
Today we are releasing our South Africa apps and maps, just in time for the build-up to the tournament. Available for iPhone, Android smartphones and Windows Phones, CoPilot Live South Africa can help fans find their way with confidence wherever they need to go, whether to the hotel, airport or the game. Thousands of useful points of interest are also pre-installed, including the locations of ATMs, hotels, restaurants, bars, car hire offices and airports. It can even provide directions to specific gates at tournament stadiums.
On the road, CoPilot Live’s advanced guidance features make it easy to see where to go, with 2D and 3D map views, lane assistance display and speed limit indicator.
I have been playing with the app over the last couple of days, and I am mighty impressed. The user interface of the app is simple to use, the colours of the maps are easy to see, and the voice navigation is also brilliant. Overall, the app is smooth and slick. For me the biggest thing with an iPhone app is the interface, as it has to be easy enough to use when driving. The CoPilot app definitely does this hands down. I’m looking forward to using this app more and more.
Check out this video from the guys at CoPilot demoing the app.
Here is the feature list about the app:
FULL-FEATURED SAT NAV NAVIGATION ON YOUR iPHONE:
- Turn-by-turn voice directions door to door
- Clear 3D and 2D driving views with speed-variable zoom and street names
- Navigate to a house number, street, address book contact or one of thousands of points of interest
- Lane indicator display and CoPilot ClearTurn™ provide easy-to-follow directions at complex junctions
- Adjustable speed limit warnings
- Multiple-stop trips, waypoints and pre-trip planning
- Guidance in tunnels and underpasses
- Huge range of customization options
DETAILED STREET MAPS
- Street maps of South Africa stored on your iPhone.
- Thousands of pre-loaded points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, car hire locations, ATMs and football stadiums
- SmartCall remembers your destination after a phone call
- Dial or navigate to any POI (Point of Interest) displayed on the map by tapping on-screen
- Portrait/landscape display auto-switching and pinch to zoom the map
- Access iPod music controls from in-app
LIVE SERVICES (requires a mobile Internet connection)
- LiveLink™ location sharing: let others see where you are at all times, Live on an internet map. You can also keep track of your CoPilot friends, live on-screen in CoPilot!
- Live weather info for your location/destination
- Facebook status updates: share your location, destination and what you are listening to
Right, so now for the cool part :) I have 3 copies of the CoPilot South Africa app worth $54.99 to give away. To enter the competition, you need to do one of the following:
a) Retweet this post using the retweet button on the top right of this post.
b) Comment on the post using the comments below.
c) Write a blog post about the launch of CoPilot, and by linking back to this post you will be entered.This will gain you an extra 5 entries to the competition :)
The competition closes on Monday the 24th May 2010 at 12pm. The draw will be a random draw using Random.org. Good luck :)