I recently came across a service called Flexicell, which allows you to convert your prepaid cellphone account into a “month-to-month” contract, which also allows you to cancel at anytime you wish.
Every month an fixed amount is debited from your bank account, and your cellphone is then topped up with the relevant amount. Something else that is also great about Flexicell is that the “contract” is not a stock standard 24 month contract, you can simply cancel at anytime, should you not want to use the service, or if you would prefer to go back to pay as you go. The airtime from Flexicell is also a LOT cheaper than your standard pre-paid airtime, so you score as well.
To qualify for the Flexicell contract you simply need to meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid South African identity document;
- Be between the ages of 18 – 75 years;
- Have a bank account that allows for debit orders;
- Earn a minimum salary of R2 500 per month;
- Be permanently employed or on a long-term contract of employment;
- Provide a business registration number if self employed.
Signing up with Flexicell is pretty simple, and all you need to do is give them a call on 0861 83 84 85 or 0861 90 91 92. You can also SMS the word “Help” to 39131 and they will get back to you.