Steve & his crew announced the release of the latest iPad this eve. The new iPad is quite a step up from the iPad 1, although, quite honestly, I am not overyly blown away.
Amongst some of the new features that were launched in the iPad 2 are:
- 1.2GHz dual-core Apple A5 processor
- 33% thinner than the iPad 1
- Two built-in cameras
- Thinner and lighter than its predecessor, weighing 1.3 pounds and measuring 0.35 inches thick
- 10 hours of battery life
- Choice between a black or white iPad.
- Pricing stays the same
- A nifty new cover has been announced which magnetizes to the frame of the iPad as well as keeps the screen clean
And that’s about it. The new ipad will be available on the 11th March in the US and the 25th in 24 other countries, except South Africa. No date has been given for South Africa yet. Steve also announced that iOS 4.3 will be available on the 11th March, for both the iPhone & iPad, and you will be able to use new apps like GarageBand & iMovie on the iPad2.
I can’t see myself rushing out to get an iPad2, but if someone is in the US and can get one, I will gladly take it as a new gadget. And let the kids an have the iPad 1 :)
For more info about the new iPad and specs about it check out the Apple iPad site