2 days ahead of schedule Apple have (finally) released iOS 4.3 for iPhone & iPad. This is a biggie for me, as it now turns your iPhone into a fully fledged WiFi hotspot. This means I can now use the WiFi iPad anywhere, and don’t have to worry about internet not being available. Bonus.
Here are some of the changes for iOS 4.3:
- Personal Hotspot
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data connection with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth,and 1 USB)
- iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
- New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
- New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
Looking forward to giving iOS 4.3 a run, and seeing how it works out.