Get Facebook birthdays on your iPhone
One of the “handy” things about Facebook, is the fact that it stores all your “friends” birthdays. I know I use it for that, and it’s a great way to rememebr birthdays and wish people. But, to do that you need to actually log on, see who’s birthday it is.
I found a neat little way to display all your Facebook contacts on your iPhone calendar, so you can get a quick heads up on your iPhone without having to log into FB every day. To get your friends birthdays on your phone, follow these steps.
- Once you have logged into FB, click on Events -> Birthdays on the left hand side of your news feed
- Scroll to the bottom of your birthday list , click on the option called “Export Birthdays“
- You will now see a URL that looks something like: “webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/b.php?uid=xxxxxxxxx&key=xxxxxxx”
- Right click this, and copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Email this URL to yourself and open the email on your iPhone (I used this method, but there may be other ways that you prefer)
- On your iPhone go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts & Calendars -> Add account -> Other
- Select “Add a subscribed calendar” and past the URL you sent to yourself & click next
- Select your options. (I turned off the notifications)
- Open your calendar app on your iPhone, allow it to sync with the new entries, and you will now see all your Facebook Friends Birthdays in your calendar
And that’s it. Simple. And the list is kept in sync as changes are made on Facebook.