Today’s iPhoneogrpahy showcase features Waldo van der Waal who is a professional TV Journalist and stills photographer, based in Cape Town. As you can see from some of the shots below, there are some really interesting lifestyle shots which Waldo has shared with us…
The thing I am loving most about this series is the variety of shots that are coming through from everyone. It is amazing to see, and just shows how versatile the iPhone camera & it’s apps really are.
- Hipstamatic (To me still the best one-click photography app out there)
- SwankoLab (A nice alternative to Hipstamatic, especially if you want to make use of the HDR functionality of the iPhone)
- AutoStitch Panorama (There are so many Panorama tools out there, but this on just rocks. Easy to use too!)
- Camera+ (It really is JUST like the stock camera app, only better)
- Adobe Photoshop Express (Do I really need to say anything about this?!? Awesome piece of kit!)
It varies according to what I’m doing, but generally I have at least ten different photo apps at any given moment. If you add the video apps, that figure easily doubles though!
It just seemed such a natural extension of my normal work. The pro kit I usually use is big and unwieldy, and generally intrudes whenever I try to take candid shots. With the iPhone people hardly notice or care, and since the camera is now reasonably good, I find it has become worth using the phone more and more.
Anything with interesting light. Any photographer knows that light is the magic substance in any picture. I’ve been photographic at least semi-professionally for nearly two decades now, and figure I still know almost nothing about light…