Enter the iPhoneography Exhibition – 1 Sept, iStore, Sandton
I am busy putting the final touches to getting the logistics in order for the 1st ever South African iPhoneography Exhibition, which is taking place on the 1st of September at the iStore in Sandton Drive. I met with the team from Core earlier this week, and it really is shaping up to be an exciting evening.
Anyone can enter the exhibition, and after a quick selection process to ensure we give everyone a fair chance, we will then get in touch with you, and organise to collect your photography from you ready to exhibit on the night. You will be responsible for the printing & framing, but we will collect & return & display the photography for you on the night. You will also have an opportunity to sell your photography should you wish to do so.
We will also be giving away an iPad2 (16GB WiFi) on the evening with a a lucky draw to everyone who has entered into the exhibition. So, if you enter, and are successfully exhibited on the night, you stand a chance to win an iPad2 !!
- All works must be the original uncopied work of the artist; any exhibitor has the sole responsibility for ensuring that their artwork does not infringe another creator’s copyright.
- All images need to be taken & edited on an iDevice. Entries that have been taken on a DSLR & edited on an iDevice/Computer will not be considered for entry
- There is no entry fee for the artist to submit their works, but the artist will be responsible for all print, mounting & mounting costs.
- The artwork remains the property of the entrant (artist) and will be returned to the entrant on completion on the exhibition.
- If you wish to enter your work into the iPhoneogrpahy exhibition, you need to use the entry form page to submit your details & images for the judges perusal.
- Entries need to be submitted by Friday 5 August 2011 after which A panel of judges will judge the entries & select a specified number of images for the exhibition.
- If your entry is successfully chosen for the exhibition you will be notified by the organisers, and further correspondence regarding the collection of the artwork will be sent.
- Successful entrants will be required to submit Artworks (ready for hanging) to the Sandton iStore by Thursday 25 August. Courier costs will be paid for by the organisers for both collection & delivery after the exhibition. If you live in Johannesburg, you can deliver your entry to the iStore directly
- iPhoneography works must be suitably framed ready for hanging by the curator. This cost is for the exhibitor’s account, and will remain the full property of the exhibitor should the artwork not be sold during the exhibition
- Artists should make their own arrangements for insuring their work in transit, in storage and while on display. While due care is taken, the organisers accept no responsibility for loss or damage of any exhibit.
- Artists will need to specify: Full Name, Exhibit Title, App used to take/edit the image, and price (should you wish to sell) of each successful entry
- If artists wish to sell their artwork, they can specify a reasonable price to the artwork. Individual works sold through the iPhoneography Exhibition and Sale will attract 20% commission payable to the organisers
- The winner of an iPad2 (16GB WiFi) will be determined by a lucky draw of all sucessful exhibitors. The draw will take place on the evening of the exhibition, and the winner does not need to be present on the evening.
- The artworks will remain on display at the iStore for a month after the exhibition has taken place, and will returned to the artwork to the artist, via courier, if it has not been sold.
Obviously because of it’s popularity, we will be getting a couple of Instagram photos, so we will be limiting the instagram photos. Here is a really cool phtoshop action which you can use to get your instagram photos ready for printing.
We would really like some more of the Hi-Res images, as this gives people a much better idea of how powerful iPhoneography really is.
If you have any questions, please please feel free to drop me an email. I am really looking forward to this, and the evening can only be a success with all the great iPhoneography we have seen in South Africa.