I was never really planning on picking up myself an iPhone 4s on launch day, but by sheer luck & coincidence I managed to get one delivered to me on launch day, last week Friday.
So, if you did not know, if you have a Vodacom contact that is older than 13 months & you spend over an average of R800 a month, you qualify for what is known as a premature upgrade. And, because my contract is due for an upgrade in Feb, I managed to get one.
First impressions about the phone:
- The battery life seems to be a bit better. This could be, cause I started out as a new phone, and didn’t restore my old backup. This was also because I had a whole whack of apps on my old phone, which I didn’t use, so it was good to start fresh again.
- The phone is definitely faster. I see it in most of the apps, and you can see it in the actual usage of the phone. Much better.
- Siri is cool. I like it. It struggles a bit with the South African accent, but the cool thing with Siri is that it keeps learning your voice. So the more you use it, the better it gets.
- Wireless Mirroring Airplay with the Apple TV is actually pretty cool. I managed to play Real Racing 2 on the TV, and works like a charm. I have been using this on the iPad 2 for a while, and they both work awesome. Another reason to get an Apple TV.
- Generally it seems a bit better than the iPhone 4. If you in the market for an upgrade get it. If you have an iPhone 4, leave it, until you can get one :)
A HUGE thanks to the guys at the Vodashop at Bridge City in Durbs. I have been using these guys for a while now, and seriously, they offer THE best service. Julias and his team are top notch !!!
So, did you get an iPhone 4S ? What you think ? I’m pretty stoked, even after not expecting it.