How to get Pokemon Go on your iPhone in South Africa
The latest craze to hit the mobile world is the awesome Pokemon Go game. Unfortunately it has only been released in a couple of countries around the world, but you can get it in SA, if you have an American iTunes account. If you already have a US iTunes account, why aren’t you catching Pokemon ;)
I have written a number of how-tos on how to get a US iTunes account, but if you don’t already have one you can follow these quick steps, or follow this guide. You are able to log back into your SA iTunes account once you have downloaded the app, but will need to log into the US account to update.
Quick steps to download Pokemon Go in South Africa:
- On your PC open the iTunes store
- At the bottom left of the page click the South African flag and select United States
- Select App store from the drop down on the right (Music etc) or click on this link -> Pokémon GO Games – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-go/id1094591345?mt=8
- Click on Get and select the option to “Create New Account”
- Go through all the T&C’s and put in your details, but ensure you use an email address that is currently NOT associated with an iTunes account (new Gmail address etc)
- On the Billing page, ensure you select the NONE option
- You will need to put in a US based address. My suggestion is to get any address for any hotel based in the US. Google is your friend :)
- Once you have completed this process, you will be able to download the app from the app store. Once it has completed downloading on your PC, you can download it from your purchased items in the app store app on your phone.
- You can now log out of the new US account and log back into your SA account (or if you wish you can use the US account going forward)
Enjoy catching your Pokemon !!