I came across this quick & easy way to extract numbers from a Whatsapp Group. Whatsapp doesn’t have a simple way to export group info, even if you are an admin, so this is a bit of a hack, but can be done quite quickly following the steps below.
- Make sure you have linked your mobile WhatsApp to Whatsapp Web. This is pretty easy by going to https://web.whatsapp.com/ and follow the steps for logging in. Make sure you are using Chrome to load Whatsapp web.
- Go to the group you want to view the numbers of and click in the header of the group
- You will see a list of all the numbers in the group on the right-hand side of the page.
On the page (usually, works over some typed text) right click and you should see a menu item called “Inspect”
You should see a whole bunch of HTML code appear on the right-hand side or bottom of the page.
- Do a Ctrl-F (Control Find) and search for keyword infinite-list. This is the start of the list of all the numbers in the group. You should see that part of the code highlighted in Yellow. If you have a large list of people, scroll to the bottom of the list before the next step
- Right click on this line and go to Copy, Copy Element
- Open a new tab in Chrome and then go to https://conextractor.herokuapp.com/
- Click paste inside the box on the page. Check the Re-Captcha box, and click on the submit button (red button on the right-hand side)
- You will then see a text file download appear in your browser, called Contact-List.txt
Open this in Notepad, and you will see all the numbers from the group in there
It might seem a bit of a run-around, but it works really well especially if you have a larger group. I did ask the developer if they could add the Whatsapp Name as well, so hopefully, they do that.