How to extract all the numbers from a Whatsapp Group
I came across this quick & easy way to extract numbers from a Whatsapp Group. Whatsapp doesn’t have a simple way to export group info, even if you are an admin, so this is a bit of a hack, but can be done quite quickly following the steps below.
- Make sure you have linked your mobile WhatsApp to Whatsapp Web. This is pretty easy by going to https://web.whatsapp.com/ and follow the steps for logging in. Make sure you are using Chrome to load Whatsapp web.
- Go to the group you want to view the numbers of and click in the header of the group
- You will see a list of all the numbers in the group on the right-hand side of the page.
On the page (usually, works over some typed text) right click and you should see a menu item called “Inspect”
You should see a whole bunch of HTML code appear on the right-hand side or bottom of the page.
- Do a Ctrl-F (Control Find) and search for keyword infinite-list. This is the start of the list of all the numbers in the group. You should see that part of the code highlighted in Yellow. If you have a large list of people, scroll to the bottom of the list before the next step
- Right click on this line and go to Copy, Copy Element
- Open a new tab in Chrome and then go to https://conextractor.herokuapp.com/
- Click paste inside the box on the page. Check the Re-Captcha box, and click on the submit button (red button on the right-hand side)
- You will then see a text file download appear in your browser, called Contact-List.txt
Open this in Notepad, and you will see all the numbers from the group in there
It might seem a bit of a run-around, but it works really well especially if you have a larger group. I did ask the developer if they could add the Whatsapp Name as well, so hopefully, they do that.
Like this post? Tip me with bitcoin!
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider tipping me using Bitcoin. Each post gets its own unique Bitcoin address so by tipping you're not only making my continued efforts possible but telling me what you liked.